Sunday, August 17, 2008

I REALLY Did Not Want To Be Right This Time

I had totally neglected my garden this summer. The weeds had taken over and were prepared to defend their new territory. I knew I had to get in there and reclaim the beds or they'd be lost forever.
I spent >2 hours weeding and weeding and weeding. I had weeded all the back garden except one area by the deck - I knew when I started, I didn't wanted to go back there. I had a sense ... there was "something" in there.
I asked Phil if he would weed that area because I was afraid of what might be hiding in there. "Like what?" he asked
"Snakes! Spiders! Creatures!" I wailed

So in he went, past the pumpkin vine ..



...back behind the variegated hosta ...




And what did he find?
A FREAKIN' SNAKE SKIN!
I so totally knew there was a snake in there!












ahhh!
(click on the images to see all the skin crawling detail)

4 comments:

Lisa said...

After look at that, I'm headed directly into the shower. ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!

Gee, thank God you knew not to go back there ..... now where did the rest of him go??

....babspeapod

schue said...

eeeek!!!! I dont like snakes!!!

SGM said...

I KNOW!

I knew if I went in there I was either getting a snake or a spider in my HAIR!

Thank God for husbands - they kill spiders and pick up snake skins

Anonymous said...

EGADS! that is GROSS! I hate spiders and snakes...