Wednesday, January 9, 2008

A Tooth Named Princess




Am I the only one unaware that there are "6 Year Molars"?
I knew there were baby teeth, 12 year molars, and false teeth; but never had I come across 6 year molars ... until the day before yesterday.
B came to me and said that something felt funny at the back of her teeth - I look inside and there is the bud of a new molar peeking out at me. WoW!
B and S were very excited about this development.
The next morning, B informs P that she has named her tooth ... Princess.
When B got on the bus, she told P that he needed to give her an extra hug and kiss ... for Princess.

Because I was unaware of the 6 year molar phenomenon, I did what I always do and googled it.
I found this informing, and somewhat disturbing, animation.
The 3D Mouth I guess its the part when they start to fall out and come in at the same time that looks a bit ... creepy.

3 comments:

schue said...

If you think that's creepy,i was watching Entertainment Tonight,and they did a piece on the uniboob.It's when the implants turns into one breast across your chest, kinda like a hoagie roll. I couldn't get the image of Bert from Sesame Street outta my head.
Just a thought.
Schue

Anonymous said...

Ewww! Thanks for sharing :) My son is six, but no sign of any new teeth.

I came across your blog while googling Glen Mills (we moved here last year).

SGM said...

Schue - only you! I'm not sure I get the Bert reference ... I'm slow these days

Mary Ann - welcome. I am a transplant too - albeit 15 years ago.