Friday, September 19, 2008

10 Years, A Decade, A Dime


Today, September 19, Phil and I have been married 10 years.


This morning my sweety gave me a card for our anniversary; when I opened it, I had to look at the envelop - why? Because it was the EXACT same card I had just handed him. What does this mean? It certainly indicates we have the same affection for tasteless greeting cards.


Sweety,

In case you hadn't thought about an anniversary gift yet (times a wastin' buddy), here are some ideas from About.com:


10th Anniversary Traditional Gift:
Tin or aluminum. The pliability of tin and aluminum is a symbol of how a successful marriage needs to be flexible and durable and how it can be bent without being broken.
(do not buy me cookie sheets! I may have to demonstrate how they can be bent)

10th Anniversary Contemporary/Modern Gift:
Diamond jewelry. A marriage that lasts ten years is as durable and beautiful as a diamond.
(ahem! Did you read this?)

10th Anniversary Gemstone:
Diamond jewelry or blue sapphire.
(HINT - blue is not my color)

10th Anniversary Color:
Silver or blue.
(Silver please)

10th Anniversary Flower:
Daffodil. Trumpet-shaped daffodils represent joy, cheerfulness, and happiness.
(daffodils are hard to come by in September, how’s about some mums for the garden)

Ways to Celebrate Your 10th Anniversary:

Purchase tickets for a movie, sports event, concert, theatre, etc. to attend together. (Nope)

Buy some wine, bread, and cheese and find a nice spot to have a romantic afternoon. (Nope. Wait, get the wine)

Pick a bouquet of daffodils from your garden if your anniversary is in the spring. (Nope)

(TAKE ME TO THE CARRI BEAN, or I will not renew your contract)


Gift Suggestions to Make for Your 10th Anniversary:

Stuff a pretty tin box with new paper money, confetti, love note, book on romance, magazine, love coupons, a current picture of the two of you, etc. (Sweety, if you did this, I’d have to think you were a little “funny” if you KWIM)

Put together a CD with songs from the year you were married. (A mix tape! – OHMIGOD, I would so totally crack up. I bet it would all be Air Supply – I am aware of your addiction, my love)

Assemble a memory photo album with pictures highlighting your 10 years together. (Oh please, then I just have to look at pictures and think how fat I’ve become. Don’t waste your time)

Love note with daffodils printed on it. (O.k., I’m over the daffodils already)

Love coupons. (Could be fun. Let’s see what you come up with)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERARY! lOVE YOU BOTH!

Lisa said...

Happy Anniversary .... ah, the memories of the weekend at Sweetwater. What a great wedding.

babs

schue said...

Yay! Happy Anniversary! Our 5th is coming up and we realized how awful we are at planning a trip. we pulled up the Caribbean and went duhhhh. We'll probaby end up in NJ hahaa. Although, we had an awesome time in Cape May. I didn't realize how adorable it was, esp in the fall.