Sunday, February 10, 2008

I've Been Pimping My Blog

I am just a little too curious about all the neat little widgets etc that are available for blogs. I think I need an intervention. In the past few days, I have added:

  • RSS feed
  • Email subscription (get on board people)
  • Two new blog headers
  • A fortune cookie widget (since removed - didn't really look like a fortune cookie)
  • A slideshow (wish all that marketing gobblygook wasn't around it. I like the 8mm look, but the junk makes it almost unabearable to look at. I think its days are numbered) I had to move that thing to the bottom of the page! All the marketingjunk on it gave me a headache everytime I looked at it. Still like the 8mm feel - gotta find another way ....
  • A Jackson Pollock widget that I think is most cool (click to change color)
  • A del.icio.us link list (a peek into the places I call favorites)
  • A visitors widget down at the bottom (which I think will only bring shame and embarassment - because I think I have only 2, maybe 3, actual visitors). I removed this today because it didn't seem to be working.

Anyone else pimping their blogs?
What gadgets and gizmos ... or widgets do you like?

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Dude, I'm lucky I even have a blog. I'm basically a techno-tard and have no idea what any of those things are. I'm afraid a counter would burst my big bubbleheaded ego. ...Babs Peapod

SGM said...

Name your pleasure Lisa. I'll help you trick out your blog.