Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Dispatches From Brazil - Wednesday July 16, 2008; 21:00

Oi!

Now is the winter season in Brazil - temperatures are low of 10 C to a high of 25 C (50 F/77 F)

I LOVE THE WINTER IN BRAZIL. I may come every year. Hell, I may stay.


We are staying in the Marriot near the Sao Paulo/Guarulhos airport. The site we are visiting is in Guarulhos - it is a very industrial town, and not very pretty (I can't even find pictures of anything other than the airport when I google or serach flickr for images).



Tonight we had dinner with the team at an Italian resturant. Sao Paulo has a very large Italian population. The food was fantastic. My favorite was the Papaya Cream - basically vanilla ice cream blended with papaya and drizziled with cassis (a liquor). YUM! I have to say that I have liked every single thing I have had to eat here in Brazil - the food is great.




Oh, I should also mention that I like the Caipirinha a great deal - a drink made with cachaça and lime and some sugar - super tart and very yummy!

So, other than working 12+ hours a day, and the almost constant brush fires (more on that in tomorrow's post), I think I really like it here - weather is great, food is great, people are great, and I'm learning Portuguese (I now have the vocabulary of the average 2 year old).

Tchau,

K

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Netx trip, let me know if you need a stowaway in your suitcase!!! Other than the brushfires and the work, it sounds mahvelous!!! .... babspeapod