Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Free Things I Don't Want From Craig's List

I guess I get Craig's List - I suppose I don't get the people who offer some of the stuff on Craig's list. Free Things I Don't Want From Craig's List:

________________________________________________________

1. Let's start with ANYTHING upholstered - couch, chair, MATTRESSES - yuck, a used mattress? Every day, people are offering free mattresses. Barf! Anything that bugs and lice and other creatures can live in is OUT!

________________________________________________________

2. ANYTHING that has ANYTHING to do with someone's feet.


Example A:
7 Pair Of Womens Socks
Reply to: sale-738178994@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-06-30, 3:42PM EDT

All are different colors & most of them are brand new.


Most of them brand new? I do not want to wear someone's USED socks - THAT THEY WON'T EVEN WEAR!

________________________________________________________
Example B:
Foot Massager - Dazey Foot Saver
Reply to: sale-740112135@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-07-02, 9:10AM EDT

This is a plastic container that somehow massages your feet. There is a seting for heat also. Plugs in and works fine - just a little dusty. Only ever used a couple of times. Picture is SIMILAR to mine - THIS IS NOT A PICTURE OF THE ONE I HAVE.

Unless it says "new, in box" keep your dusty foot bath, paaalease. And why the picture if that is not the one you have?

________________________________________________________

3. Papasan chairs

O.k., this sort of overlaps with all things upholstered. But even if I would take a used upholstered item, I would NOT take a papasan chair. I have some standards.

________________________________________________________

4. ANYTHING that has touched someone's butt

Free Toilet
Reply to: mailto:sale-736783435@craigslist.org?subject=Free%20Toilet%20(Avondale%20Pa.)Date: 2008-06-29, 12:42PM EDT

American Standard toilet, white with oak top. Good condition. On front porch.


I see your toilet is in good condition, has it always been located on the front porch?

________________________________________________________

5. Religious Icons

jesus and mary
Reply to: mailto:sale-736247820@craigslist.org?subject=jesus%20and%20mary%20(upper%20darby)Date: 2008-06-28, 7:37PM EDT
free


Its not that I am against J,M, or J; but these just freak me out. My six year old just looked at that picture and said "weird!". Out of the mouths of babes.

________________________________________________________

6. Soup in a bag

Large bag filled with Millie's Real Italian Soup FREE

Reply to: see belowDate: 2008-06-26, 3:54PM EDT
I have a lot of Millie's dried soup sitting in a bag that's in a box on the 2000 block of Moravian, an alley that is between walnut and chestnut. Easy quick meal. There is also some sort of Instant Date tea too.

Oh my goodness, yes! I've always wanted a bag of soup left in an alley in Philly. Tea too! Yeeha!

________________________________________________________

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee, yuor lucky Kel, we don't get free stuff like that in Michigan.That toilet on the porch might work real well @ Round Lake.

Lisa said...

How about a free toothbrush ... only used once?

SGM said...

NO THANKS!