Friday, April 25, 2008

Cream Cheese, My Muse (I'm on the edge today)

I'm sure none of us can forget the year I felt so inspired by cream cheese that I sculpted an igloo and penguins from cream cheese and olives.


After enduring years (YEARS) of ridicule, and having since been called "Serial Mom" (thanks Christine) I swore off the white stuff and vowed never to indulge my creative urges in soft cheeses again.

I had stayed on the wagon for many years; then I was faced with a great challenge "Special Snack Mom" for the letter U.

U!

Not B, C, or T.

No - U!


What is a "Special Snack Mom", it is an overwrought, tired, frantic woman who runs through the grocery store late at night grabbing ANY food item she thinks she can make into a snack - a snack that starts with the week's special letter.

In this case - U!

Hmmm... umbrella drinks ... no ... google foods that start with U ... these DON'T start with U! ... call smartest woman I know ... ahhh! Big shout out to Stacey at work, she hooked my up with the UFO idea.




So, peanut butter and banana bagels ... WAIT just a minute!
PEANUT ALLERGIES!
CURSES!

So we made UFO bagels with cream cheese, globe grapes for the middle, and Yogos for the lights. I must have spent $35 on the raw materials, 15 minutes with the kids in the instruction process, and then I think 19 of the 22 little darlings came up to tell me "I don't like cream cheeeeeeeese. I like peanut butter on my bagel". Me too, kid; me too! But unless we want "Special Snack Mom" to turn into "Special CPR Mom", we gotta stick to the cream cheese.

Next time, if I get the letter U, I sure as hell better get the letter F to go with it!

Ta-freakin-da, here it is:





Will somebody bring me an umbrella drink, damit! ?!


.

3 comments:

who said...

Geez, thats awesome! Littel brats should realize your creativity! Did S & B enjoy them?

SGM said...

They should bow down to my creativity!

Bridget enjoyed hers. You know her, she's just like her mommy - she'll eat anything that doesn't eat her first.
Not sure what Sean thought. He spent most of the time clinging to the ceiling.

Lisa said...

What kind of parents raise their kids to prefer peanut butter over cream cheese??? Aholes ..... Babs