Thursday, May 1, 2008

I Need A Lesson In Anatomy

After almost 12 full man years with no breaks, no casts, no stitches, no nuttin' - Bridget had to get a cast today. She does not have a break or anything; the Dr thinks it is inflammation of the navicular. Navicular? Exactly! I remember that the hip bone is connected to the leg bone (and various other anatomy stuff that interests me); but the navicular? So, for those like me, I give you the anatomy of the foot (Oh Lisa, I bet you are lovin' this one!):

As is my practice, I googled "inflammation of the navicular" to find this:

Avascular necrosis of the navicular (Kohler’s disease) is usually found in children aged about five. The presenting symptom is foot pain and on examination the foot is held slightly supinated and there is tenderness and swelling over the navicular. The condition resolves spontaneously; treat symptomatically. Severe symptoms may warrant rest in a plaster. Over the course of one to two years the blood supply is re-established and usually the navicular resumes its normal shape and size.

The Dr said she'll be find after 3 weeks in a cast.

I'm sure I'll have loads of fun details to share about bathing a dirty 6 year old whilst trying to keep a neon pink cast dry.

She worked me hard for lunch AND ice cream after the cast was on. Something tells me she is going to be very successful in life....

Leave her a "virtual cast signing" in the comments section.

(btw - Sean is really jealous of Bridget's cast)

.


3 comments:

Lisa said...

Brigit - Your foot may be hurtin but at least your toes don't look like the one in the picture. If they did, you'd have to wear socks for life, especially around me. Good luck with your foot, I hope it feels better soon!!!

....Aunt Barbra Peapod

SGM said...

Thanks G!
I knew you would be hatin' on anything foot related.

who said...

Poor Princess Bridget! But I'm sure shes lovin the attention and the big pink cast. I wondered if Mr. Man would be a little green....