Saturday, June 14, 2008

Happy Fathers' Day

Happy fathers' day to all the new dads, old dads, granddads, and stepdads; but especially to my Dad and my sweetie Phil.

Phil (look at that glorious hair!), Dad (with the Pharaoh's hat I bought him in Egypt), and me



They say that from the instant he lays eyes on her, a father adores his daughter. Whoever she grows up to be, she is always to him that little girl in pigtails. She makes him feel like Christmas. In exchange, he makes a secret promise not to see the awkwardness of her teenage years, the mistakes she makes or the secrets she keeps. author unknown


And for my long suffering husband, it will be breakfast in bed, cards and small gifts from the kids, and then they day to yourself. Enjoy sweetie!


It kills you to see them grow up. But I guess it would kill you quicker if they didn't.

Barbara Kingsolver




(there is something terribly worng with my scanner! Ignore poor image quality)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Ahh, the Pharoah's hat!!!! Cheers to your father.

And happy father's day to Philbert. He must be a saint. hehe

babs

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful tribute to Dad. He loved his Pharoah's hat Bunny...
I thought you would think that passport/visa app. was a hoot..