Tuesday, June 17, 2008

An Open Letter To The Brazilian Consulate

First let me say - its my blog and I can bitch and moan about anything I like ... eh



Dear Brazilian Consulate,


Can you please explain why a person living outside Philadelphia can apply for and receive a business VISA in a few days; while a person from the Detroit area, travelling for the same company and purpose, must wait two weeks?


Do you fear people from the Chicago jurisdiction? Are they any more sinister, or dangerous to the Brazilian economy, than those of us from the New York jurisdiction?


Why are there extra forms, different forms, and additional letters required simply because a person lives near the windy city. Do you have something against wind? Is that it?

Do you have any concept of the f'ing around I am going to have to do with travel agency and credit card company to refund my current tickets before my automated travel expense system starts sending scud emails to my supervisor to say I am $5K past due?

Let's just say, being $5k past due can be a career limiting event. And I need no help in limiting my career.

Grounded In Glen Mills

PS - please don't cancel my VISA

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Brazil? I am soooooo jealous! ... babs