Sunday, June 15, 2008

Longwood Gardens

In keeping with our Fathers' Day tradition of letting dad have the day to himself, I took the kids to Longwood Gardens. They really love it there. Other than running into the occasional sketchy colleague from work (you can't swing a dead cat in this area without hitting a Duponter), the day was quite nice ... until Sean lost his sunglasses and then OH MAN! it was all over but the crying (and there was lots of that).
They have 3 giant tree house this year. The one above is the Canopy Catherdral, the one below is the Lookout Loft.

We ran into our friends Abby and Adam in the childrens' garden
Water drips down from a dragon's head and fills a pool, the kids think the fog is the coolest
It got a bit warm - and with all those fountains, what's a girl to do?
Last pic before he lost those sunglasses.



I haven't picked up my camera in weeks, I think I'm in a funk and my mind has been somehwere else. I hope we'll have more traditional Shooting Glen Mills images soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look like a couple of tourists.

Lisa said...

get outta your funk girl .... we have a garden catalog and a cook book to shoot!! i need you!!! .... babs

who said...

The garden looks beautiful and the kids do not look like tourists Philbert! Ha!

schue said...

I agree with Lisa, I like seein your pictures! Los went to a wine tasting event at longwood gardens - i was a little jealous, wine and gardens 2 of my favorite things!